PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE :
1. Will handle the movement of trailers from the yard/door location to a yard/door location.
2. Responsibility for maintaining inventory of yard trailers in conjunction with transportation personnel located in the visitor center. Also will assist the visitor center as needed.
3. Responsible for maintaining control of the trailer parking lot and all equipment located in the trailer parking lot
4. Drivers will be held responsible for their equipment including fueling, timely reporting of mechanical problems and maintaining the cleanliness of their truck
5. Drivers will be asked to clean lot during low volume periods and perform other duties consistent with the efficient operation of the DC.
6. Other duties deemed necessary by the Transportation Manager
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Strong work and safety ethic.
2. Be able to operate, or experience operating, a Yard Tractor or Tractor/Trailer, be comfortable with backing/maneuvering trailers in size from 28' to 53' or willing to be trained.
3. Ability to work in high traffic/limited space environment.
4. Positive attitude and team building skills.
5. CDL is not required.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.