The Brand Director, ZICO role is responsible for the managing the ZICO Business. The role will be responsible for all key strategies, plans and initiatives relative to this business. The position is also responsible for coordinating and working with key cross-functional partners to deliver on long and short-term objectives and business plan metrics. Specific Role Deliverables:
- 2017 Connections Plan
- Manage media strategy/buying agency in development and execution of consumer insight-driven 2017 connections plan, including discovery, connection architecture/consumer journey, media strategy, media plan, and ongoing evaluation/measurement of plan.
- Provide key learnings and insights to inform recommendation for optimization of model based on 2017 experience.
- Brand Marketing Campaign
- Lead evolution of campaign creative assets, leveraging key learnings from 2016 research.
- Oversee 2017 campaign asset management, ensuring on-time delivery to media partners.
- Manage added value opportunities from media partners for maximum ROI, including alignment with brand tone and campaign messaging.
- Product Innovation
- Develop 2-year innovation pipeline for both existing product lines and whitespace opportunities. Author Project Charters outlining rationale and opportunity size to gain key stakeholder alignment.
- Serve as project manager for innovation concepts including concept finalization, formula and packaging development, and launch plans. Lead MS Project timelines to ensure project stays on track.
Function Specific Activities:
- Work with cross-functional teams and agency partners to successfully launch 2018 innovation.
- Visual Identity System Implementation:
- Manage Graphic Designers on ensuring consistency of the Visual Identity System across brand assets, including point of sale (POS) and field marketing tools.
- Support the continued evolution of ZICO POS leveraging campaign assets and Coca-Cola best practices.
- Packaging Management
- Work with Graphic Designers to update and execute packaging changes across the product portfolio to ensure consistent brand look, compliance with packaging regulations, and on time delivery to partners.
- 2018 Olympic Program
- Lead brand team efforts for 2018 Olympic program, including creation of POS, supporting retail, social, and PR marketing activity, managing biweekly status calls and sharing information with key stakeholders.
- Budget Management
- Oversee ABM managing the 2017 marketing budget, reporting and tracking to ensure on track to stick within budget.
- Social Media / Public Relations
- Provide leadership for social media / PR activity.
- Retail Marketing
- Support the Retail Marketing Manager with insights and analytics on category, brand and consumer trends. Help build out customer and retail program sell-in decks.
- Project Management across all of the above:
- Execute and/or support the planning, organizing, and management of resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- Develop detailed project plan and manage execution on a daily basis.
- Manage internal stakeholders resources and tasks.
- Report project risks and issues to SBM for escalation and resolution.
- 2018 Business Planning
- Drive business audit development: lead team to evaluate the competitive landscape and uncover findings to validate SOG. Provide insight into top competitor and highlight best practices both in and outside the category. Develop current reality/insight generation to inform the plan in the area of consumer insight/lifestyle/trends.
- Evaluate 2017 work to inform consumer engagement plan for 2018.
- Contribute to development of 2018 brand plan strategic brief, and author the draft 2018 activity schedule.
- Develop and communicate written briefs for use by agencies or suppliers (e.g., creative, advertising, packaging, product development, media, consumer promotions, merchandising, licensed or specialty merchandise, etc.) to direct their work activities in order to generate concepts for effective execution of marketing programs and objectives (e.g., drive trail, increase loyalty).
- Interact with divisions/customers in order to influence their brand plans during annual business planning process.
- Create a communication plan using various tools (PowerPoint presentations, face-to-face meetings, video conferencing, etc.) in order to communicate consumer initiative concepts to Divisions/Bottlers/Brokers.
- Provide direction, leadership and coaching to members of project teams you lead, as well as a team of direct reports.
- Develop programs and secure required budget in order to execute brand plan.
- Utilize understanding of consumer insights and worldwide trends in order to identify key issues and opportunities for profitable brand growth.
- Write Situation Assessment in order to identify and prioritize brand-building opportunities by utilizing data-driven insights (e.g. Nielsen, internal cross-functional reports, consumer research reports, competitive analysis, etc.).
- Write creative briefs that clearly articulate communication objectives and success criteria in order to inform and direct agency work and creative development.
Education: Bachelor's Degree, and Master's Degree or equivalent work experience
Brand Equity: Knowledge of procedures used to drive increases in volume and brand equity (e.g., marketing programs, licensed/specialty merchandise and/or properties).
Marketing Concepts: Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g., brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT Analysis, competitive assessment, marketing objectives/strategies, consumer segmentation) used in the development of marketing plans.
Marketing Operating Strategies: Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing operating strategies (e.g., media planning, pricing strategies, trade/consumer promotions) used in the execution of marketing plans.
Agency Management: Knowledge of methods or techniques used and ability to inspire agency performance.
Delivering Relevant Local Consumer Strategies: Making consumers and their needs the primary focus of the business; developing, evaluating and selecting consumer-based actions that maximize long-term, profitable volume.
Creative Brief Development: Knowledge of the creative brief development process.
Creative Concept Evaluation: Ability to evaluate creative concepts and executions based on creativity, strategic alignment and consumer impact. Leadership Behaviors
•DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
•COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
•ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
•INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
•DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
There is no single formula for passion; what defines the people at ZICO Beverages is the ability to convert their passion into action. It's how they push the world's greatest brands to new heights. What's your secret formula?
Relocation costs are not provided for this job. By applying for this job, candidates understand and acknowledge that the Company will not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be entirely the responsibility of the candidate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top