ZICO Beverages, LLC is one of the fastest growing beverage companies on the planet, pioneering the explosive coconut water category. As a wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company part of the Venturing & Emerging Brands (VEB) portfolio, we are on a mission to refresh consumers with the healthy hydration of ZICO Coconut Water. We believe in balanced living, having fun while working hard, learning, growing and giving back. We are looking for exceptional individuals who share our vision and are up to the challenge of playing a critical role in building the next great beverage brand with the potential for significant personal and professional development.
The ZICO Field Marketing Manager ("ZMM") for San Francisco plays a highly influential role within the Marketing Team, helping to establish a local face to the global ZICO brand. The ZMM's main role will be to translate ZICO's national strategic direction into market-level tactics that drive consumer trial, brand loyalty and ultimately profitable sales. The San Francisco ZMM reports to the West Divisional Marketing Manager (DMM), with a dotted line to the Field Marketing Director.
The ideal candidate for this position will have an understanding of the brand's active, healthy lifestyle and also must be an enthusiastic team player, possess a drive for results and thrive on autonomy. They should lead by example, have outgoing social energy, sound decision making skills, the ability to think strategically and creatively and a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves as needed. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the dynamics in the designated markets and provide strategic insight and direction to develop marketing solutions that promote and build the brand
- Manage FM Coordinator in San Francisco to successfully fulfill event activation and sampling initiatives, reaching consumers where they live, work, play and shop
- Work closely with local/regional Sales counterparts to establish and implement successful marketing programs, including retail tie-ins, crew drives, blitzes and in-store demos - with the overarching objective of increasing ZICO's share within the coconut water category.
- Ensure strong internal marketing with multiple sales teams, distributors, bottlers and key stakeholders.
- Seed, develop and leverage relationships with key market influencers, ultimately leading to increased brand affinity
- Oversee a team of Brand Ambassadors who will help to achieve local team goals
- Budget, vehicle and inventory management
- Must live IN the San Francisco market - strong geographic knowledge of the market is a must; familiarity with greater Nor Cal region a plus
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Communications, Health & Wellness or a related major
- 3+ years of Field Marketing or Brand Marketing experience with budget accountability, ideally with a beverage or CPG company
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some early mornings, nights and weekends and some travel
- Experience and a proven track record of success with event planning and/or project management
- Experience training & managing a team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organized, dependable, self-motivated & ability to multi-task
- Able to work independently, prefer autonomy and have the ability to deal with a wide range of personalities
- Strong technology skills - specifically knowledge in Microsoft Office programs, experience with internet research and social media
- A clean driving record
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Ability to lift and move 50+ lbs.
- Competitive base salary with eligibility for health benefits, 401k plan and annual 15% bonus opportunity
DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
There is no single formula for passion; what defines the people at ZICO Beverages is the ability to convert their passion into action. It's how they push the world's greatest brands to new heights. What's your secret formula?
Relocation costs are not provided for this job. By applying for this job, candidates understand and acknowledge that the Company will not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be entirely the responsibility of the candidate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.