The Manager of Retail Marketing is charged with leading the overarching strategy of all customer and channel marketing programs that will influence shopper behavior and stimulate demand. They will interface with internal and external stakeholders from key customer and channel teams to help develop and deliver integrated marketing plans based on strong shopper insights. They ensure strategic alignment between our consumers, shoppers, customers and core ZICO objectives, supporting both national and regional customers across all routes to market and channels of business.
- Develop national retail marketing calendar that translates ZICO's brand marketing strategy into commercially viable and locally executable programs across all national, regional, and ecommerce customers
- Ideate, coordinate, facilitate sell-in, communicate toolkits, and track the performance of customer marketing programs, ensuring all are grounded in brand insights and support core ZICO objectives
- Ownership and management of annual retail marketing budget
- Participate in planning calls with key customer teams to influence the understanding and inclusion of ZICO in their business plans and growth strategy
- Create communication routines with key customer and field sales teams to proactively understand challenges, identify opportunities, communicate updates, and advocate for business needs
- Collaborate with ZICO brand team on annual BP to analyze data and recommend channel, customer, and market growth strategies that translate data into actionable, shopper driven insights
- Manage all national in-store campaigns and day-to-day communication both internally and externally to respective teams, brand partners, and key account teams
- Build and manage partnerships with complementary national brands
- Assume cross-functional responsibility for translating consumer and shopper research into fact-based solutions for customer teams on an as-needed basis
- Lead the development of all "go to market" promotional tools including coupons, premiums, racks / merchandising equipment, cooler graphics, and point of sale, ensuring each is commercially viable, provides a unique shopper experience, and is aligned to the brand's visual identity system
- Act as conduit between VEB sales, marketing, and commercial leads to communicate all facets of ZICO business updates in a timely and fact-based manner, making recommendations where appropriate
- Support innovation pipeline by developing go to market strategy and launch tools for ZICO innovation
- Manage three direct reports including two retail marketing managers and one operational marketing manager
Southern California base preferred with approximately 50%+ travel
Reports into VP of Marketing with dotted line to General Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred
- 7-10 years of marketing, sales, and/or commercial experience in the CPG industry
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications
- Prior experience navigating consumer insight reports (Nielsen, etc.)
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Identifies opportunities quickly and organizes into action
- Works well both independently and as a team
- Strong analytical skills, able to navigate consumer reports and interpret into insights
- Ability to speak effectively before large groups
- Strong business acumen, self-motivated and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proactive, big picture thinker: "goes to the ball versus waiting for the ball to come to them"
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Finite attention to detail, excellent organizational skills
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
There is no single formula for passion; what defines the people at ZICO Beverages is the ability to convert their passion into action. It's how they push the world's greatest brands to new heights. What's your secret formula?
Relocation costs are not provided for this job. By applying for this job, candidates understand and acknowledge that the Company will not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be entirely the responsibility of the candidate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.