Sets up, programs, and operates cutting machine according to specifications of work orders.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Review the schedule of jobs and plan work process to ensure meeting customer specifications.
- Operates Zund machine to produce custom shape and cut vinyl products.
- Examines products for quality, and makes adjustments as needed.
- Remove finished or pre-finished material from cutter for next operation.
- Performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance on cutter machines, including cleaning, changing blades, and vacuuming of belts.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain housekeeping standards. Adhere to recycling program.
- Assist in other finishing operations as needed.
Key Behavioral Expectations:
- Personally Responsible- Works hours necessary to complete assigned work. Is regularly present and punctual, arriving prepared for work, committed to doing the best job possible.
- Performance – Consistent in meeting or exceeding quality, spoilage and required production expectations.
- Self-Motivated- Must be able to complete assigned jobs with minimal supervision.
- Attitude – Positive “Yes, I will help you with that” attitude with all team members. Willing to go above and beyond to get the job done.
- Quality and Thoroughness – Look for ways to improve and promote quality; Apply feedback to improve performance. Monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Teachable – Lifelong learner attitude; Eager and open to learning new things. Learns from mistakes and approaches them with humility and ownership.
- Accountable – Able to hold self accountable to commitments and high standards for quality. Direct but tactful in communications regarding accountability.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.