Effective: December 23, 2013A Word from Hirepurpose
Your privacy is important to us. As a company led by military veterans, Hirepurpose uniquely appreciates the value of personal rights and the importance of clear communication.
We encourage you to review this Statement carefully. By accessing our Services, you acknowledge and fully agree to all terms and conditions in this Statement on Privacy.
A Few Definitions
There are a few terms that you’ll see repeatedly throughout our Statement on Privacy. Here’s an explanation of those terms:
- Lafayette Media Group, LLC (also "Hirepurpose", "we", "us", "Company" and "our") is a New York limited liability company dedicated to helping military veterans and their spouses discover job opportunities. For the purposes of our Statement on Privacy, this definition embraces our "Affiliates", including our agents, representatives, employees, contactors, consultants, executives, officers, advisers, board members, investors, directors, joint ventures, parents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, and any controlling and/or acquiring individual or entity and his/her/its affiliates.
- "You" (also "your" and "user") refers to you, the individual, as well as any entity or other individual on whose behalf you’re acting.
- "Services" refer to Hirepurpose’s websites, products, compilations, publications, offerings, promotions, data, information, data manipulation tools, feeds (e.g. Real Simple Syndication feed, Atom feed), software, programs, features, platforms, systems, and applications.
Collection of Your Information
It is our mission to provide veterans and their loved ones with relevant job opportunities, professional connections, useful information, and access to helpful resources. In order to accomplish this mission, we collect the following information:
- Signing Up. If you sign-up with Hirepurpose through our website, we ask you to provide an email address and a password. We collect this information.
- Third Party User Information. Many users like to connect with a third party provider (e.g. LinkedIn) as part of their Hirepurpose experience. Third party connections make it fast and simple to get started; they also enable us to provide you with a richer, more focused user experience.If you connect with a third party provider through Hirepurpose, we may collect information from that third party regarding your profile, contact info, login information, user history, online contacts/friends, settings, and preferences; we may collect additional information from a third party provider as per your consent.
- Profile Information. After you sign-up, we encourage you to build out your user profile. By collecting detailed "Profile Information", we can optimize your job listings and provide you with more valuable content. Profile Information includes – but is not limited to – information regarding your professional resume, location, email address, contact information, pay history and requirements, military background, willingness and ability to relocate, personal and professional skills and experiences, education level, citizenship, credentials and clearances, organizational membership/affiliation, personal assessment test results and data, relevant web links, personal references and recommendations, social media presence, and other profile-related images, photos, video, audio, and text. (Some of this information may already be populated if you connect with a third party provider.)
- Diversity Data. Hirepurpose requests and receives information regarding its users' gender, race, ethnicity, and disability status ("Diversity Data"). This Diversity Data is strictly optional; you do not need to provide Diversity Data to use our Services. We collect Diversity Data to help Hirepurpose target our promotional offerings and better understand our user base. Furthermore, many of the companies posting jobs on Hirepurpose value Diversity Data, as it facilitates their diversity reporting requirements and gives them insight into their own community outreach efforts. You therefore agree that Hirepurpose will treat any Diversity Data you provide as part of your Profile Information. (NOTE: Hirepurpose makes it clear to the companies posting jobs on our site that they are not permitted to use your Diversity Data to discriminate against you or pursue any other unlawful or unfair acts or practices.)
- Contacting Hirepurpose. Team Hirepurpose works to identify and resolve problems, hold people accountable, and maintain company-wide excellence. Therefore, we collect information about the contact you make with Hirepurpose. This includes recording customer service calls – as well as retaining, annotating, and memorializing electronic communications – for quality assurance, user data, and future reference purposes. If you contact Hirepurpose through email/social media, we will make a record of that email address/social contact.
- User Content. We collect any messages, posts, comments, articles, blog entries, user feedback, responses to polls/questionnaires, third party user information, links, images, text, photos, video, and audio ("User Content") you create, provide, upload, download, import, sync, and/or share via our Services. User Content embraces Profile Information, but specifically does not include your user password, personally identifying information, or financially sensitive information – unless such information appears in a public-facing, photo, image, audio file, video, or item of text, which we do not recommend.
Hirepurpose exists to provide serious opportunities and genuine value for our fellow vets. At the same time, we need to keep our families fed and the servers humming.
To be clear: we will make use of your individual User Content – and other information collected from your use of our Services, including through tracking technologies – in order to target advertisements to you and users like you. In some instances, we may provide your individual Profile Information and contact information to our trusted partners (e.g. recruiters and well-reputed companies seeking to hire) for direct marketing and communications.
Please note that our ad partners may use their own advertising technologies in connection with our Services. We have no control over these web beacons, pixels, tags, cookies, mobile identifiers, and other technologies. However, you may be able to opt-out of targeted advertising from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (some of whom may advertise with Hirepurpose) – visit www.networkadvertising.org for more information.
You can opt-out of direct marketing communications from Hirepurpose and its third parties at any time by emailing email@example.com with the subject line "Direct Marketing".
Usage of Your User Information
- Publication of Your User Content. A deep collection of User Content makes Hirepurpose worthwhile for job providers, advertisers and the user base as a whole. Therefore, you should expect that any User Content you create, provide, upload, download, import, sync, and/or share in connection with our Services (e.g. your Profile Information) will be made public and searchable; it may also appear in connection with the advertising and marketing of Hirepurpose Services. Please be mindful of this as you create/circulate your User Content.
- Optimizing Your User Experience. We collect and study the information you provide us – and the information we receive from our other users – so that we may maintain the best possible user experience. This includes using data and information generated and gather from your interactions with our Services to provide you and other users with customization and focus around our product offerings, features, third party offerings, content (both substantive and ad-based), marketing, designs, layouts, updates, and other Services.
- Personally Identifying & Financially Sensitive Info. Under no circumstances will Hirepurpose sell, rent, barter, or otherwise intentionally provide your financially sensitive and personally identifying information to any third party, except as outlined in this Statement on Privacy, or as you may otherwise consent.
- Sharing Your Information within Hirepurpose. Like any group or organization, Hirepurpose works best when we can maintain clear and open channels of communication. You acknowledge and agree that – among our Company – Hirepurpose may fully disclose and discuss your User Content and any other information and data about regarding you and your use of our Services (i.e. even financially sensitive and personally identifying information). This includes, but is not limited, to the disclosure and transfer of all such information and data in the event of a merger, acquisition, asset sale, or change in control. Information from your User Content and other uses of our Services is an asset for all intents and purposes.
- Communications from Hirepurpose. Hirepurpose collects your information so that we can communicate with you regarding job opportunities, updates, security issues, and marketing/promotions. These communications may be based on and/or derived from your User Content, interactions with our Services, and user settings/preferences.
- Sharing Your Individual Information with Third Parties. We do not rent, sell, barter, or otherwise provide information about you – the individual user – except as described in this Statement on Privacy, or as you may otherwise consent.You might choose to connect with some third parties through our Services. For example, you may wish to sync your Hirepurpose profile with LinkedIn, find Facebook friends contact on Hirepurpose, or post career-related announcements on Twitter. These third parties may request access to and usage of information and data regarding you, your User Content, and your usage of our Services; your terms and willingness to consent with respect to such access and use are strictly between you and the third party.
- Inferences and Aggregated Information. To make the most of our data, Hirepurpose needs to dig deeper than the surface. We will use information and data generated by your User Content and other uses of our Services in order to infer patterns of behavior and factual information about you and other users. We will also use this information and data to create compilations and aggregated data; we use this aggregated (i.e. non-individualized) data for our own analysis, as well as for sale to third parties, such as market research firms and advertisers.
Opting to Use Our Services &
Changing Your Information
Every time you use our Services, you fully acknowledge and agree to this Statement on Privacy. If you do not agree with this Statement, or any aspect thereof, you must stop using our Services immediately and cease from all further use.
You have the right to access, modify, and delete your Profile Information at any time. While we make no promises, you may be able to change other User Content, as well. Nonetheless, cached information may appear in search results, and other individuals and entities may have already captured information you provided as User Content.
Reservation of Rights
- Information from Third Parties. We’re not going to limit our right to conduct research. We reserve the right to obtain any information and data about you from any party we choose; we may compile and/or use this information and/or data in connection with our own information and data, as set forth in this Statement on Privacy.
- Right to Retention. Like most good companies, we like to keep meticulous records. We reserve the right to retain and store all data information that we collect from our users, including (but not limited to) User Content and other information and data generated by use of our Web.
Miscellaneous but Important
- California Residents. California residents are allowed request a list personal information we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, alongside the identities of those third parties. This request is free, and California residents are allowed one per year under California Civil Code 1798.83. You may submit these requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "Shine the Light Law Request".
- A Word about Security. We appreciate the sanctity of your personal information and do what we can to protect it. Nonetheless, you acknowledge and agree that we cannot warrant the safety and/or security of information or data you transmit to, from, or via Hirepurpose; this includes, without limitation, your personally identifying and financially sensitive information. Likewise, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will be free from unwanted access, usage, disclosure, and/or alteration. Unfortunately, nothing is 100% secure on the Internet.
- Third Party Privacy Policies. During your Hirepurpose experience, you may connect with third party sites and/or use third party services (e.g. clicking advertisements, connecting with a social network). You may also access Hirepurpose via mobile networks, ISPs and electronic devices. All of these third parties run their own policies and practices with respect to your privacy and the collection/usage of your information. We are not responsible for their conduct and/or treatment re: your privacy and personal information. We encourage you to carefully review any third party terms and privacy policies.
- Incorporation of Other Terms. Our various terms and conditions are each part of a coherent whole. This Statement on Privacy hereby incorporates our broader terms of service by reference, and vice versa. Thus, any rights reserved through our other terms and conditions are also herein reserved, including without limitation the right to amend, revise, suspend, limit, or remove any Services or a user’s access thereto.
- Protecting Your Own Information. You are responsible for protecting your own private and sensitive information, such as passwords, personal ID numbers, and financial account information.
- Headings for Convenience Only. Our section headings and subheadings have been provided strictly for your convenience; they have no legal, contractual, or otherwise binding or representative effect on your or us.