Thanks for using Hirepurpose! We’re glad that you’ve decided to learn more about us.
As a company led by U.S. military veterans, our mission is to help our fellow vets and their spouses discover meaningful professional opportunities.Indeed, we strive every day to foster an environment that yields the best chances for success on this mission. Among other things, this means keeping a tight check on how people can and can’t use our Services – while still respecting our users with fair terms and clear language.
We encourage you to review this Statement carefully. If you find any of these terms confusing or unreasonable, please let us know about it: email@example.com.
By accessing any of our Services, you fully acknowledge and unconditionally agree to all Terms of Service.
A Few Definitions
There are a few terms that you’ll see repeatedly throughout our Terms of Service, including in the preceding introduction. Here’s an explanation of those terms:
- Lafayette Media Group, LLC (also "Hirepurpose", "we", "us", "Company" and "our") is a New York limited liability company dedicated to helping military veterans and their spouses discover job opportunities. For the purposes of our Terms of Service, this definition embraces our “Affiliates”, namely our agents, representatives, employees, contractors, consultants, executives, officers, advisers, board members, investors, directors, joint ventures, parents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, and any controlling and/or acquiring individual or entity and his/her/its affiliates.
- "You" (also "your" and "user") refers to you, the individual, as well as any entity or other individual on whose behalf you’re acting.
- "Services" refer to Hirepurpose’s websites, products, compilations, publications, offerings, promotions, data, information, data manipulation tools, feeds (e.g. Real Simple Syndication feed, Atom feed), software, programs, features, platforms, systems, and applications.
- “User Content” refers to any profile information, message, post, tag, comment, article, blog entry, reply, response, idea submission, feedback, third party user information, link, image, text, photo, video, and/or audio you create, provide, submit, post, upload, import, sync, and/or share via our Services. User Content specifically does not include your user password, personally identifying information, or financially sensitive information – those items are subject to their own rules, as explained in our Statement on Privacy - unless such information appears (against our recommendation) in a public-facing, photo, image, audio file, video, or item of text.
Who Can Use our Services?
It is our mission to provide veterans and their loved ones with relevant job opportunities, professional connections, useful information, and access to helpful resources. In order to accomplish this mission, we collect the following information:
- Eligibility. Part of our “special sauce” is that only a select few can use our Services. You may only use the Services if you are:
- eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- of sound mind and body to agree to these Terms of Service;
- in possession of the full rights and/or authorization to (a) make use of your User Content and (b) agree to these Terms of Service; and
- someone has served as an active duty member of a branch of the United States military and are seeking career-related opportunities; or
- married to someone who has served as an active duty member of a branch of the United States military and are seeking career-related opportunities; or
- specifically granted access to our Services by Hirepurpose – or one of our partners which holds our express written permission to grant such access.
- Non-Eligibility. We owe it to our fellow vets to maintain a tight ship at Hirepurpose. Therefore, any violation of these Terms of Service may result in your being expelled from use of our Services. Furthermore, you may not use our Services if you are:
- currently restricted or prohibited from using our Services;
- a past, present, or imminent competitor of Hirepurpose and/or closely connected to one or more of our past, present, or imminent competitors;
- acting on behalf of another person or entity without that person or entity’s permission;
- the owner of more than one account with Hirepurpose;
- under a legal obligation that restricts or precludes your use of our Services; and/or
- otherwise unable and/or unwilling to fully agree to and follow these Terms of Service, including but not limited to the Basic Standards of User Conduct set forth in Section 3.
- Minors. To be clear: you are not allowed to use this site if you are under the age of eighteen (18) years.
- No Guarantees re: Eligibility. While we make every effort to keep a tight-knit community based on strict eligibility criteria, we make no warranty or representation that every user satisfies our eligibility criteria; there may be ineligible individuals (e.g. individuals with no military background or connection) who still gain access to and/or use our Services.
- Immediate Termination. You need to immediately close your browser window and cease from all further use of our Services if you are or become ineligible to use these Services. If you are not already in contact with Hirepurpose regarding your termination at the time of termination, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “End Use.” We would also appreciate brief explanation of why you are ending use, so we can learn and grow from your feedback.
Basic Standards of User Conduct
- The Golden Rule. If you use your common sense and act in a civil manner, our Standards of User Conduct should be easy to follow. Here are 5 Simple Guidelines that will help you on your way:
- Be truthful with the info you provide. Reflect yourself up-to-date and honestly. Don’t pretend to be anyone other than your actual, current self.
- If you can’t be polite and respectful to other users, just leave them alone.
- Don’t submit User Content that might be improper and/or objectionable.
- Don’t try to breach our security, disrupt our technology, or hijack our I.P.
- If you’re shilling something, shill it somewhere else. Approved ads only.
- Improper Use. Unfortunately, The Golden Rule is not clear enough for some people. To be certain, your use of our Services (including, but not limited to, your User Content) shall not directly or indirectly constitute, involve, attempt, aid, support, incite, encourage, advise, or facilitate any of the following:
- a violation of a law;
- infringement of the personal and/or property rights of Hirepurpose and/or any third party (including but not limited to infringement of intellectual property rights, moral rights, privacy rights, rights to publicity, and rights concerning privileged, proprietary, and/or confidential information);
- a breach of an agreement, legal obligation, or responsibility;
- discovery of another user’s information beyond that which is legitimately intended to be made publicly available;
- an implication or indication of involvement with or endorsement by Hirepurpose when Hirepurpose has not specifically granted permission to make such an implication or indication;
- a violation of a rule, regulation, and/or standard of conduct;
- interference with an existing business relationship and/or contract;
- an unlawful, unfair, deceptive, and/or illegitimate business policy, practice, or scheme;
- support for or advancement of a potential or actual Hirepurpose competitor;
- threats, harassment, intimidation, abusive conduct, and/or bullying,
- extortion, fraud, and/or identity theft;
- the improper disclosure of privileged, private, confidential, and/or proprietary information;
- obscenity, vulgarity, and/or pornography;
- Don’t Inhibit Other Users. All eligible users deserve an opportunity to make good use of Hirepurpose. You agree that you shall not attempt to or actually inhibit or otherwise interfere with another user’s legitimate, good-faith use and/or enjoyment of our Services. Among other things, this includes your agreement to refrain from contacting users with whom you do not have a legitimate personal or professional connection.
- Don’t Advance Malicious Conduct. We make a concerted effort to protect our users from malicious conduct. Accordingly, you shall not attempt to or actually use our Services to engage in spamming, phishing, harvesting, unauthorized advertising (including but not limited to bulk emailing, pyramid schemes, commission-based opportunities, contests, offers), or the circulation of viruses or other malicious programs and/or code in connection with our system; this includes Trojan horses, spyware, worms, Easter eggs, time bombs, and any other harmful and/or invasive files, programs, or code.
- Respect the Integrity of Our Technology. Basically, you agree that you will not break into our systems, impact our Services, or copy our technology.
- Proper Working Order. We’re trying to do the veteran community a solid, and we don’t want anything to get in the way of that. Therefore, you agree that you shall not attempt to or actually disrupt, manipulate, or otherwise interfere with the proper working order of our servers, networks, systems, and other technologies (as one example, no gaming algorithms). Likewise, you shall not use our Services and/or technologies to disrupt, manipulate, or otherwise interfere with the proper working order of third party servers, networks, systems, and other technologies. Under no circumstances shall you attempt to or actually alter or modify any aspect of our Services, including (but not limited to) our websites and job postings.
- Public Interface Only. You know it’s not cool to meddle beyond the bounds of intended public access. You shall utilize only those interfaces publicly provided by Hirepurpose when accessing our Services. You shall only access that which Hirepurpose deliberately makes publicly available, within the bound of reasonably intended use. You shall not attempt to or actually access any non-public information, data, code, and other material belonging to Hirepurpose and/or its third party partners – through hacking, password mining, identity theft, and/or another breach of authentication and/or security. Likewise, you are not allowed to test or probe the security/vulnerability of our Services, networks, servers, and other technologies.
- Excessive Load. Your use of our Services shall not impose any excessive load or unreasonable demand – as per our sole determination – on our infrastructure, systems, servers, or other technology and operations.
- Reverse Engineering. You shall not attempt to or actually reverse engineer, decompile, or otherwise derive the code underlying any aspect, feature, function, or detail concerning or relating to our Services.
- Hirepurpose Data, Information, Materials, Code & Content. These items form the foundation of our business - you agree that you shall not misappropriate or misuse them. In particular, you are strictly forbidden from the following with respect to our data, information, materials, code, and content:
- displaying, publishing, transmitting, licensing, sub-licensing, distributing, exhibiting, and/or making commercial use of these items beyond our prior express written consent;
- downloading, extraction, copying, indexing, and/or collection of these items (including, without limitation, use of a robot, spider, data miner, crawler, scraper or similar tool);
- duplication, rebranding, and/or derivate usage of these items;
- deleting or modifying the substance and/or appearance of these items;
- displaying these items out of context, obscuring them, including them alongside objectionable content, or otherwise failing to present them as fully intended; and
- other manual and/or automated means of improper access or retrieval of these items.
- Limit: One Account per Person. You are only allowed to create a single account – strictly for yourself, as a natural person, and not as an entity or anything else.
- Each User Is Responsible for His/Her Own Account & User Content. Your account and your User Content are your responsibility. Our users typically set-up an account so that they can add profile information and interact with job providers and other users on a more meaningful level.
- You and you alone are responsible for all actions and omissions arising out of and/or relating to your account, User Content, and/or other use of our Services. Any User Content or other information you provide to use is at your own risk of liability, harm, loss, damages settlement amount, expense, fee, cost, and/or penalty.
- You agree that any User Content or other information you furnish in connection with Hirepurpose is 100% accurate and able to be disclosed without breaching any contract provisions or violating any third party rights (e.g. privacy, confidentiality, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, proprietary). You agree that your user profile and related information will remain current and up-to-date at all times.
- You are solely responsible for the confidentiality and security of your account and any related information, including but not limited to your User Content. You agree that you shall not disclose your password to anyone else or permit anyone else to use your account – this includes but is not limited to your agreement not to sell or transfer your account or account rights.
- You agree that you shall not use any other user’s account, discover any other user’s private account information, or purchase, acquire, or otherwise receive access or rights to any other user’s account.
- Hirepurpose shall not be responsible for any claims, obligations, third party royalties, liabilities, costs, debt, expenses, losses, damages, charges, fees, or fines, including legal fees, accounting fees, business interruption damages, lost profits, and punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or relating to your account or its authorized or unauthorized use (including without limitation issues relating to User Content and/or other personal information).
- Hirepurpose shall not be responsible for any claims, obligations, third party royalties, liabilities, costs, debt, expenses, losses, damages, charges, fees, or fines, including legal fees, accounting fees, business interruption damages, lost profits, and punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or relating to any other user’s account or its authorized or unauthorized use (including without limitation issues relating to User Content and/or other personal information).
- We put forth our best efforts to preserve the dignity and class of our Services; however, during the course of using our Services, you may encounter content, information, data, and/or material that you consider inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate, hostile, indecent, and/or worse. Therefore, you acknowledge and agree that you use our Services at your own risk of encountering such content or material. You accordingly shall not under any circumstances hold Hirepurpose responsible or liable for the creation, existence, or continuation of such content, information, data, or material, or the effects of such content, information, data, or material on you or any other third party. You are hereby notified, pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), that parental control protections are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors; information identifying current providers of such protections is available at: http://kids.getnetwise.org and http://onguardonline.gov.
- Hirepurpose does not audit, analyze, or review User Content or third party content before it goes live. We are not in any way responsible for what is published in connection with our Services, and we are under no obligation to edit or control User Content or third party content. While we make an effort to help our users, we make no warranties or representations regarding responding to User Content issues or other issues arising out of or relating to our Services; it is possible that your issue may go unaddressed. That said, we reserve the right to delete any User Content or any other content at any time for any reason without notice or consent.
- Keep Your Free User Content Ad-Free. We need to maintain quality and integrity around our advertisements. Therefore, your User Content shall not contain any material that constitutes or reflects a solicitation, advertisement, promotion, or other instance of commercial activity.
- Linking & Deep Linking to Hirepurpose. You agree that you will not link to any of our Services in an effort to disrupt, obstruct, harass, defame, unfairly profit from, or otherwise harm us. Furthermore, you agree that deep linking to our Services (e.g. our website) is strictly prohibited without our prior express written consent.
- Report Suspicious or Improper Conduct. As part of a community, we ask that our users keep an eye open for suspicious or improper conduct. You agree to immediately notify Hirepurpose of any unauthorized use of your account, any breach of security, or any other suspicious or improper usage of our Services (including but not limited to reporting inappropriate conduct). Likewise, you agree to immediately notify Hirepurpose with a detailed explanation if you believe you or any other user has committed or will commit a breach of this Agreement. You can make such a report by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “Improper Conduct” and a detailed account of the issue.
- Framing & Hidden Technology. You may not utilize framing or mirroring techniques to enclose any Hirepurpose trademark, logo, image, text, layout, format, or other proprietary information or intellectual property without our prior express written consent. You may not utilize any "hidden text" (e.g. meta tags) that references Hirepurpose’s proprietary information or intellectual property without our prior express written consent.
- User Content Is Public. Your User Content is considered to be public and non-confidential in its entirety – it may be discovered, used, and/or attributed to you by Hirepurpose or any third party.
- All Hirepurpose users will have the right to access and use your User Content for any legitimate, personal, non-commercial purpose.
- Likewise, your User Content may result in Hirepurpose or a third party making use of or exploiting your User Content, including but not limited to exhibition of your User Content, creation of a derivative work, and disclosure of sensitive information.
- We ultimately have no control over what happens to your User Content and therefore encourage you to think very carefully about what you put into the world.
- License to Use Services. Provided that you fully agree to these Terms of Service – and are capable of conducting yourself in accordance with them – you will be granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, non-delegable, non-assignable, fully revocable license to access and make personal, non-commercial use of our Services strictly as intended, in accordance with our terms and conditions (e.g. these Terms of Service). Hirepurpose reserves the right to suspend or revoke this license at any time, for any reason, without notification or warning.
- Single Copy. You are allowed to make a single copy of our content for use in learning about, evaluating, and/or utilizing Hirepurpose’s Services, provided you agree that any such copy will be accompanied by a clear, complete, unmodified, and unobscured copy of these Terms of Service – and that these Terms of Service shall control use of said copy.
Statement on Privacy
Hirepurpose values your privacy rights. We strongly recommend that you carefully review our Statement on Privacy. This Statement on Privacy governs how we collect and use your personal information.
- Terms, Services & Access. In order to make Hirepurpose the best it can be, we need the ability to freely update, fix and change things. We therefore reserve the right to do any and all of the following at any time, effective immediately, without liability, cause, notice, or preservation obligation:
- add to, remove, or modify any and/or all of our terms and conditions(including but not limited to these Terms of Service and our Statement on Privacy) – in which case your subsequent access and/or use of our Services constitutes acceptance of the amended term(s);
- suspend, discontinue, remove, interrupt, restrict, update, improve, or otherwise modify (a) our Services, (b) features, functions, details, and/or portions of our Services, and (c) material, data, information, code, and/or content arising out of or relating to our Services; and
- suspend, terminate, ban, restrict, or otherwise modify your – or any other user’s – access to and/or ability to use: (a) our Services, (b) features, functions, details, or portions of our Services, and/or (c) material, data, code, information, and/or content arising out of or relating to our Services.
If you do not wish to be bound by modifications relating to our terms, Services, or access rights, you must stop using our Services immediately and cease from all further use; you further agree to email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “End Use” and details about your reason for ceasing all further use.
Hirepurpose is under no obligation – and shall face no penalty, liability, damage, claim, suit, or loss – to take action or refrain from taking action with respect to maintaining, updating, modifying, improving, and/or providing: (a) our Services; (b) features, functions, details, or portions of our Services; (c) terms and /or conditions relating to our Services; and/or (d) material, data, information, and/or content arising out of or relating to our Services.
- License to Hirepurpose. In order to maximize the scope of our product and brand, we need to be able to use your User Content freely. You grant Hirepurpose a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully sublicensable, worldwide license to exercise any and all rights you may have in your User Content and other information arising out of and/or relating to your use of our Services (e.g. data regarding your Web history and use of our Services). You agree that Hirepurpose may, at our sole discretion: copy, reproduce, adapt, translate, sell, distribute, syndicate, publish, transfer, communicate, modify, exhibit, advertise, market, create derivative works from, display, make commercial use of (including currently known and future, currently unknown commercial uses), and/or otherwise use your User Content and other information arising out of and/or relating to your use of our Services throughout the world in any media in any manner, fashion and/or context we wish. You further agree that you waive any moral rights – including but not limited to the rights of attribution – in connection with any User Content and any other information arising out of and/or relating to your use of our Services. Furthermore, you represent that you have full authority and right to grant licenses and waive rights pursuant to these Terms of Service.
- Handling Your Information & User Content. It’s up to us to decide if and how we handle your information and User Content. You agree that Hirepurpose may, at its sole discretion: store, save, retain, screen, filter, flag, edit, remove, censor, delete, filter, edit, or destroy your User Content as it deems fit, with or without notice or cause, effective immediately. Furthermore, you agree that Hirepurpose may store, save, retain, delete, or destroy any data it collects, including but not limited data concerning your personally identifying and financially sensitive information. Specific details about how we use your information – including your personally identifying and financially sensitive information – can be found in our Statement on Privacy. We encourage you to review this Statement carefully.
- All Rights Reserved. Unless otherwise specified, our Services are owned and operated by us. Unless otherwise specified, these Services contain code, content, materials and information – in various formats, including, but not limited to, images, illustrations, photographs, graphs, messages, videos, audio, software, data, and text – that are the sole property of Hirepurpose. The copyright and other proprietary rights and interests in all of this information are owned by us, or someone who has granted us a license to use the information or materials. Except as expressly authorized in these terms and conditions, you may not use, download, upload, copy, print, exhibit, display, perform, reproduce, republish, license, post, create derivative works from, transmit or distribute any content, materials, data, code, or other information from our Services in whole or in part without our prior express written consent. The trademarks, service marks, and logos displayed on our website are registered and common-law trademarks of Hirepurpose and others. No license or right to use any trademark contained on our website is granted to you and any use of any such mark contained on this website is expressly prohibited unless you obtain the prior written authorization to use such mark from us or such other third party holder of the mark. If you have a specific question related to the marks on our website or a request for the use of such marks, please direct your inquires to us via e-mail email@example.com.
- Monitoring and Investigation. You acknowledge and agree that Hirepurpose may, in its sole discretion, monitor or review any User Content, user interaction, and/or any other attempted or actual usage of our Services – including any data, analysis or other derivative information –at any time for any reason without liability or the need for further notification or consent. This includes without limitation inspection of your usage with respect to: the content of messages and your receipt/sending of messages; the creation, sharing, and viewing of User Content; and other interactions in connection with our Services. For more information, please review our Statement on Privacy.
- Messages & Notifications to You. For the purpose of service messages and notices, we reserve the right to contact you through any means we choose, including by mail, telephone, email, social media, website banner, notice appear in connection with our Service, or otherwise. You agree that any means of contact we choose will suffice for the purpose of providing adequate, timely legal notice.
- Catch-All. Hirepurpose reserves any and all rights and interests relating to our Company, its persons and its property which were not expressly enumerated in these Terms of Service, including but not limited to rights relating to ownership, title, copyright, patent, proprietary rights, and trademark.
- Termination by Hirepurpose. You acknowledge and agree that Hirepurpose may, in its sole discretion, monitor or review any User Content, user interaction, and/or any other attempted or actual usage of our Services – including any data, analysis or other derivative information –at any time for any reason without liability or the need for further notification or consent. This includes without limitation inspection of your usage with respect to: the content of messages and your receipt/sending of messages; the creation, sharing, and viewing of User Content; and other interactions in connection with our Services. For more information, please review our Statement on Privacy.
- Termination by You. If you wish to terminate this Agreement and no longer access or utilize our Services, you may do so at any time; simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the account you use in connection with Hirepurpose and include the subject line “End Use”. You acknowledge and agree that termination has no impact on our ability to maintain and use the information and content you communicated to Hirepurpose.
- Clauses Surviving Termination. All terms and conditions in these Terms of Service survive termination of this Agreement indefinitely, regardless of which party terminates the Agreement, except as to Section 4 (“Your Rights”).
Legal Disclaimers & Limitations
- DISCLAIMERS. We need to make sure that we don’t lose the farm if something happens to go awry. Accordingly, you acknowledge and fully agree to the following disclaimers:
- HIREPURPOSE AND ITS AFFILIATES PROVIDE ALL SERVICES – AND ALL INFORMATION, MATERIALS, DATA AND CONTENT THERETHROUGH AVAILABLE – ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
- HIREPURPOSE AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, PERFORMANCE OR TRADE.
- HIREPURPOSE & ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, LIABILITIES, AND OBLIGATIONS IN CONNECTION WITH ANY “FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENT” WE MAKE, JUST AS WE DISCLAIM ANY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, LIABILITIES, AND OBLIGATIONS IN CONNECTION WITH ANY AND ALL OF THE STATEMENTS WE MAKE.
- NEITHER HIREPURPOSE NOR ITS AFFILIATES MAKES ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIRD-PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND/OR RELATED RIGHTS AS THEY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SERVICES.
- NEITHER HIREPURPOSE NOR ITS AFFILIATES IN ANY MANNER WARRANTS THAT: HIREPURPOSE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES FUNCTION OR WILL FUNCTION IN AN UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE MANNER; INFORMATION, MATERIALS, DATA, CONTENT, OR DATA WILL BE AVAILABLE AND/OR PRESERVED; MALFUNCTIONS OR DEFECTS HAVE BEEN OR WILL BE CORRECTED; OUR SERVICES ARE AND WILL REMAIN SECURE; OR OUR SERVICES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ARE AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL AND/OR DESTRUCTIVE COMPONENTS. NEITHER HIREPURPOSE NOR ITS AFFILIATES WARRANTS THAT ANY MESSAGES, EMAIL, OR ATTACHMENTS WE SEND – OR ANYTHING ELSE WE MAKE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD OR ACCESS – ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL OR DESTRUCTIVE COMPONENTS.
- NEITHER HIREPURPOSE NOR ITS AFFILIATES MAKES ANY PROMISES OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY.
- NEITHER HIREPURPOSE NOR ITS AFFILIATES WARRANTS OR MAKES ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE QUALITY, USE, EFFICACY, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF OUR SERVICES – OR ANY INFORMATION, MATERIALS, DATA, AND CONTENT THERETHROUGH AVAILABLE. NEITHER HIREPURPOSE NOR ITS AFFILIATES MAKE ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT THE INFORMATION, DATA, MATERIALS, AND CONTENT AVAIALBLE THROUGH OUR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, PRECISE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, UP-TO-DATE, ERROR-FREE, AND/OR FREE OF INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT.
- HIREPURPOSE AND ITS AFFILIATES HANDLE PRIVATE, FINANCIAL, AND OTHERWISE SENSITIVE INFORMATION WITH THE UTMOST LEVEL OF SECURITY AND CARE; HOWEVER, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY TRANSACTION OR TRANSFER OR STORAGE OF INFORMATION IS 100% SECURE. HIREPURPOSE THEREFORE DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH ANY UNDESIRED AND/OR HARMFUL DISCLOSURE AND/OR USAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION – PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, FINANCIALLY-SENSITIVE INFORMATION, OR OTHERWISE.
- OUR SERVICES MAY RUN ADVERTISEMENTS, FEEDS, OR CONTENT OR OTHERWISE BE LINKED TO OTHER SITES WHICH ARE NOT MAINTAINED BY HIREPURPOSE; NEITHER HIREPURPOSE NOR ITS AFFILIATES CONTROLS, ENDORSES, OR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, DATA, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THESE ADVERTISEMENTS, SITES, AND THIRD PARTY FEEDS/LINKS. HIREPURPOSE AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY ENDORSMENT RELATING TO OR LIABILITY FOR (A) LINKS OR FEEDS TO OUR SERVICES FROM ANOTHER SITE; AND (B) LINKS OR FEEDS FROM OUR SERVICES TO ANOTHER SITE.
- IT IS ENTIRELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ASSESS THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, UP-TO-DATENESS, VIABILITY AND APPROPRIATENESS OF OUR SERVICES – AND ANY DATA, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, AND CONTENT THERETHROUGH AVAILABLE – ESPECIALLY AS THEY RELATE TO YOUR SPECIFIC NEEDS. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL SERVICES, REPAIRS, CORRECTIONS, DEBTS, LIABILITIES OR OTHERWISE THAY MAY ARISE FROM AN ATTEMPT TO USE OR THE USE OF OUR SERVICES OR ANY INFORMATION, DATA, MATERIALS, AND CONTENT THERETHROUGH AVAILABLE.
- YOUR JURISDICTION MAY NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. THUS, IT IS POSSIBLE THAT PORTIONS OF THE AFOREMENTIONED OR SUBSEQUENT DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU; HOWEVER, THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF A PARTICULAR DISCLAIMER OR LIABILITY LIMITATION SHALL IN NO MANNER IMPACT ANY OTHER PROVISION HEREIN, NOR SHALL IT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR FORCE OF THAT LIABILITY LIMITATION OR DISCLAIMER IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS.
- Sole Responsibility. You agree that you hold sole responsibility for any and all risks, harms, liabilities, responsibilities, damages, settlements, awards, disputes, controversies, claims, losses, fees, and/or penalties that arise from and/or relate to your account, your use of our Services and/or a breach of these Terms of Service.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. You hereby agree to fully and unconditionally release Hirepurpose (including its Affiliates, per definition) from any and all risks, harms, liabilities, responsibilities, damages, settlements, awards, disputes, controversies, claims, losses, fees, and/or penalties – regardless of how they occur or their legal implications –arising out of or relating to our Company, its individuals, and/or our Services, users, materials, information, data, code, terms and/or content.
- This clause embraces, but is not limited to, a full and unconditional release from: statutory damages; lost profits; lost revenue; loss of opportunity; harm to reputation; loss of use of Services or any associated products or services; interruption of business; cost of capital, facilities, services, labor, and/or salaries; downtime, shutdown, and/or slowdown costs; spoilage of materials; inaccuracy, destruction, and/or loss of any data; any damages multiplier, including but not limited to any provision at law for double or treble damages; attorney fees; litigation costs; the cost of substitute services; any additional penalties(including without limitation administrative and/or civil penalties); and any other actual, direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, reliance and/or punitive damages – even if Hirepurpose and/or its Affiliates were advised as to the possibility of such.
- This clause applies regardless of whether the matter implicates negligence, intentional conduct, or otherwise. This clause applies regardless of whether the matter involves a statutory, tort, contractual and/or other dispute.
- As you are not paying to use our Services, your sole remedy is terminate this Agreement, close your browser, and cease from any attempted or actual access or use our Services.
- In no event whatsoever will our maximum aggregate liability exceed $50 for damages, harms, losses, costs, fees, expenses, penalties, and fines arising out of or relating to Hirepurpose, our Services, and/or your account.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify Hirepurpose and hold us harmless in connection with any claims, obligations, liabilities, costs, debt, expenses, losses, damages, settlement amounts, charges, fees, penalties, or fines, arising out of or relating to your account, and/or acts and/or omissions concerning our Services (including but not limited to your User Content and related representations). You acknowledge and agree that Hirepurpose reserves the exclusive right to control the defense and settlement of any claim, dispute, suit, matter, or controversy for which you are bound to provide indemnification by this clause or any other term or condition.
- Third Parties. To provide a better user experience, our Services may make use of third party services, feature third party content, run third party applications, or link to third party web sites.
- Hirepurpose does not make any representations or warranties regarding any third party content, web site, application, or other service with which you come into contact via our Services. Furthermore, we do not support, affiliate with, or endorse any third party or its content, web site(s), application(s), or other service(s) unless we explicitly state otherwise in writing.
- You agree that Hirepurpose is not responsible for any claims, obligations, liabilities, costs, debt, expenses, losses, damages, charges, fees, penalties, or fines, arising out of or relating a third party and/or its content, web site(s), application(s) and/or other service(s). These third parties are wholly and completely responsible for their own content, web site(s), application(s), and/or other service(s).
- We do not examine or audit any third party services or offerings. You are solely responsible for evaluating any third party services and offerings – you access and/or use these services and offerings at your own risk. Therefore, we encourage you to carefully review all third party terms and conditions, privacy policies, operational histories, and security protocols.
- Injunctive Relief. You agree that under no circumstances will you seek to enjoin or restrain Hirepurpose from running its Services, including without limitation operating the website hirepurpose.com, relaying job opportunities to job seekers, and running targeted ads and promotions. You acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to injunctive relief, rescissions, or any other equitable remedy under this Agreement.
- Affiliate Ads & Marketing. Hirepurpose needs to make money, just like everyone else. We reserve the right to both run advertisements and promotions through our Services, and to receive a bonus and/or commission in connection with any purchases relating to our ads and promotions.
- Non-Endorsement & Non-Responsibility. Hirepurpose does not support or endorse any User Content or any other third party information that appears in connection with our Services; any User Content or third party information solely reflects the statements, advice, offers, and opinions of it author(s)/creator(s) In this connection, Hirepurpose is not in any way responsible for the veracity, accuracy, reliability, or substance of any User Content – including but not limited to user profile information and messages between users or between a user and a job provider – or third party information.
- Construed in Favor of Hirepurpose. Everybody makes mistakes, and unfortunately, we are no different. Insofar as these Terms of Service include any errors or ambiguities related to spelling, grammar, or syntax – or any other clear errors or ambiguities – these errors and ambiguities shall be construed in a light most favorable to hire Hirepurpose. Specifically, without limitation:
- Any ambiguities, inconsistencies, misuses, or uncertainties around the usage of the words “and” vs. “or” vs. “and/or” shall be construed in favor of protecting the rights, interests, liability exposure of Hirepurpose.
- Our use of the word “including” shall not be an exclusive term – but shall mean “including without limitation” – unless otherwise noted.
Miscellaneous but Important
- Liquidated Damages. When we say that we want to preserve a constructive community for our users, we mean business. Hirepurpose reserves the right to recover – as liquidated damages (i.e. not a penalty) – a $2,000 “Prohibited Commercial Activity Charge” for each instance of unauthorized commercial activity in connection with our Services. (For example, someone who posts 10 comments which advertise discount Air Jordans would draw $20,000 in Prohibited Commercial Activity Charges. Same for someone who sends 10 solicitous messages to users with whom that sender has no reasonable connections.) You acknowledge that the Prohibited Commercial Activity Charge is a fair and good-faith estimate of our damages and losses, and that you agreed on this amount with Hirepurpose in advance of any dispute given the difficult of calculating actual harm and losses (e.g. lost opportunity, harm to reputation). You agree that you will pay any Prohibited Commercial Activity Charge within 14 days of receipt of an invoice from Hirepurpose.
- Force Majeure. Hirepurpose shall hold no liability or responsibility for any harms, damages, penalties, losses, costs, expenses, fees, or issues that result from factors beyond the scope of our reasonable control.
- Severability. If any of the Terms of Service herein – or any portion thereof – are held unenforceable, the impact of that unenforceability (i.e. limitation or exclusion of terms) will be construed as narrowly as possible; moreover, the remainder of the Terms of Service herein – and all other portions thereof – shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect. Your jurisdiction may not allow the disclaimer of certain warranties or limitations of certain types of damages. Thus, it is possible that portions of these Terms of Service may not apply to you. However, the limitation or exclusion of a particular disclaimer, restriction, limitation, term, or condition shall in no manner impact any other provision herein, nor shall it affect the validity or force of that disclaimer, restriction, limitation, term, or condition in other jurisdictions.
- Translation. Any translation of these Terms of Service is merely provided as a convenience. Any discrepancy or dispute involving a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version of these Terms of Service shall be resolved in favor of the English version.
- Non-Waiver. We don’t think you’ll mind us giving you a “get of jail free card.” You acknowledge and agree that any failure by Hirepurpose to require your strict adherence to any term or condition herein shall in no manner be construed as a waiver of any right by Hirepurpse, nor shall such a failure be construed to remove or dilute the effect of any term, condition, or requirement herein stated. In other words, we may enforce and/or exercise our rights under these Terms of Service as we deem fit, without having to waive them at any point.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms of Service and the incorporated Statement on Privacy represent the entire agreement between you and Hirepurpose with respect to your access to and use of our Services. These terms and conditions supersede any conflicting agreements or terms or conditions therein – however and whenever established – between you and Hirepurpose, unless Hirepurpose explicitly states otherwise. We reject any term or condition, however and whenever set forth, that conflicts with any term or condition herein listed. You hereby agree that any term or condition you set forth, however and whenever set forth, that conflicts with any term or condition herein listed shall be void and of no force or effect, regardless of any statement or indication to the contrary.
- Choice of Law & Venue. All disputes will be handled in New York, NY. Any claim, dispute, suit, matter, or controversy arising out of or relating to Hirepurpose, our Services and/or these Terms of Service will be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. You agree that claims, disputes, cause of actions, and proceedings against Hirepurpose must commence within one year of when the cause of action arises and shall be submitted exclusively to the jurisdiction of a state or federal court located New York, NY. You hereby waive any defense or claim of lack of personal jurisdiction, the inappropriateness of venue, or forum non conveniens. You acknowledge and agree that this provision is not intended to, in any manner, limit or negate the force or effect of the immediately subsequent provision entitled “Arbitration of Claims.”
- Arbitration of Claims. Arbitration is a great way to avoid a protracted legal dispute. Any claim, dispute, suit, matter, or controversy arising out of or relating to Hirepurpose, our Services and/or these Terms of Service may – at the election of either party – be settled exclusively and finally by arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules created by the American Arbitration Association and before a sole arbitrator. Under no circumstance shall punitive damages be awarded in the arbitration. Any award rendered in such arbitration proceedings shall be final and binding on each of the parties, and judgment may be entered thereon in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Class Action Waiver. We can’t let a few angry users gang-up to send us out of business. You may only pursue a claim, dispute, suit, matter, or controversy arising out of or relating to Hirepurpose, our Services and/or these Terms of Service in an individual capacity. You agree that you shall not be involved with any class or representative proceeding – or otherwise participate as a lead plaintiff or class member, in a putative or certified class – involving any claim, proceeding, action, controversy, or dispute arising out of or relating to HirePurpose, our Services, our Affiliates, and/or any agreement you may have formed with us.
- Negotiations. It’s important that we can negotiate freely. All offers, promises, conduct and statements, whether oral or written, made in the course of the negotiation by any of the parties, their agents, employees, experts and attorneys are confidential, privileged and inadmissible for any purpose, including impeachment, in arbitration, a civil lawsuit, or any other proceeding involving the parties, provided that evidence that is otherwise admissible or discoverable shall not be rendered inadmissible or non-discoverable as a result of its use in the negotiation.
- Export Control Laws. To be clear, United States export control laws regulate the export and re-export of technology originating in the United States. This includes the electronic transmission of information and software to foreign countries and to certain foreign nationals. As with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards, you are agree to abide by all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards concerning export control.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §512)
- Reporting Infringement. If you believe that your copyrighted work appears in connection with oue Services and/or is accessible through our Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify Hirepurpose by providing us with the following information in writing to the address listed below: (1) the physical or electronic signature of either the copyright owner or of a person authorized to act on the owner's behalf; (2) a description of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed, and a description of the activity that you claim to be infringing; (3) identification of the URL or other specific location where the material or activity you claim to be infringing is located or is occurring; (4) your name, address, telephone number and, if you have one, your e-mail address; (5) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use in our Services of the copyrighted work in the manner you are complaining of is not authorized by the copyright owner, any agent of the copyright owner, or the law; and (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information you have provided in your notice is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Counter-Claims of Infringement. If you believe you are the subject of an improper infringement claim, please notify Hirepurpose by providing us with the following information in writing to the address listed below: (1) the physical or electronic signature of either the copyright owner or of a person authorized to act on the owner's behalf; (2) a detailed description of the copyrighted work you claim has been subject to an improper infringement claim; (3) identification of the URL or other specific location from where the allegedly infringing material has been removed, modified, and/or deleted; (4) your name, address, telephone number and, if you have one, your e-mail address; (5) the following statement: “I hold a legitimate, good faith belief that the allegedly offending material, as herein described, has been subject to complaint, removed, or rendered inaccessible as the result of misidentification, misfeasance, malfeasance, and/or mistake. All of the factual information I have provided in connection with this document is true and correct. I consent to the jurisdiction of the District Court in the United States judicial district in which I live – or, to the extent I reside outside the United States, in the Southern District of New York– and will accept service of process from the person or the agent of the person who sent the initial notice of infringement to Hirepurpose. All attestations herein are given under penalty of perjury.”
- Headings. Our headings and section titles – in these Terms of Service and the incorporated Statement on Privacy – are provided strictly for your convenience; they have no binding or representative effect on either Party.
- Contacting Hirepurpose. Our headings and section titles – in these Terms of Service and the incorporated Statement on Privacy – are provided strictly for your convenience; they have no binding or representative effect on either Party.
- Legal Notices. You agree that all legal notices and legal-related correspondence will be provided in hard copy to:Lafayette Media Group, LLC
Attn: Hirepurpose Legal Dept.
210 Elizabeth Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10012
- California Consumer Affairs. Per California Code of Civil Procedure 1789.3, California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs: 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834; (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
- Your feedback matters to us. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms of Services or our Statement on Privacy by emailing email@example.com. Likewise, please share any general feedback Hirepurpose and our Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.